TA Army Selection Procedure 2018 – This is most buzzing on our website and most asked question “How to Join Territorial Army“. So don’t worry here you will get to know the entire process step by step. We have been constantly providing all the updates to aspirants regarding TA Army Jobs.
This page is updated with latest procedure of ta army recruitment.
If you are one those youth, who feel energetic towards Indian Army Jobs then this post is for you. Territory army provides immense opportunities and challenges to experienced youth of India. Why i said, Experienced youth? because this is very basic Criteria to Join TA Army. You must have working experience in Central Govt. /Union Territory /State Govt. /Semi Govt / Pvt. Sector / Self Employed. Any of these is fine. It is not compulsory to have govt job, just work experiences is needed.
See here – Latest TA army Bharti
प्रादेशिक सेना के अधिकारियों (गैर-विभागीय) के रूप में इस देश की सेवा करने के लिए पूर्व सशस्त्र बल आयोगयुक्त अधिकारियों को आवेदन आमंत्रित किया जाता है।
TA Army Selection Procedure 2018
Young men aspirants are invited for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the nation as Territorial Army Officers based on the concept of enabling motivated young men to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions.
Hope this line helps you pretty much. You don’t have to sacrifice your primary profession (wherever you are working).
Bang ! Motivational Line.
“You can serve the nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier“
So how do you fill the application or proceed to join TA Army?. So lets check the selection process.
Territorial Army (TA) Selection Process 2018
Below is the list of steps given which you need to follow to get the final section in TA Army. Before proceeding further know basic facts about TA army.
Who can join TA army?
- Only Male candidates can Join TA army (May be in future Female will be allowed)
- Territorial Army is one of the services of Indian Army which is mix of volunteers from different professions.
- It is second line of defence after Army and kept reserved for emergency purposes
- TA army can also be used for natural calamities etc.
- Territorial Army is not a occupation and meant for people who are gainfully employed or self employed.
Procedure to Join TA Army in 2018
Read below steps explaining the TA Army Selection Procedure.
This is divided into two categories.
- For Civilian Selection process
- For Ex Servicemen officers Only
- A recruitment notification employment news and leading national newspapers is published every year ( June/ Jul and Dec/ Jan) to recruit TA officers.
- All the eligibile candidates can send their application to concerned TA group headquarters. (List find below)
- Basic criteria is having age between 18 to 42 Yrs and Graduation in any discipline. (Check here – TA army eligibility Criteria in detail)
After application – What Next?
- All the candidates whose application founds are correctly filled will be called for further rounds.
- First of all, there will screening test which consist of Written exam and interview by a Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) at the respective TA Group Headquarters.
- All who qualify screening test will go through Service Selection Board (SSB) procedure at various centers (Bhopal, Allahabad , Coimbatore) for interview and group rounds.
- If you gets recommendation in SSB then you will undergo Medical Exam by medical Board for final Selection.
- Finally your police verification will be done along side medical exam.
For Ex Servicemen officers Only
- Ex Service Officers needs to send their applications along with release order and release medical board proceedings directly to Addl. Directorate General TA, Integrated HQ of MoD (Army), “L” Block, New Delhi-01.
- The candidates will be screened by an Army HQ Selection Board (ASB) held at Addl. Dte Gen. TA GS Branch “L” Block Church Road New Delhi which is followed by a Medical Board at New Delhi (Armed Forces Clinic) and Police Verification for shortlisted candidates.
Hope above points are helpful to you.
I’m wondering whether you are thinking that what is the work responsibilities of TA officers then click on below article to read in detail
Check here – TA army officer work profile and responsibilities
TA Army Selection Procedure: Documents to carry
All the candidates who cleared the written test conducted by PIB/ASB need to carry below documents along with them for rest of rounds. Check out below list of documents to carry.
- All educational qualification certificates (10th onwards).
- Physical fitness certificate from a registered MBBS Doctor.
- Copy of Identity proof (Voter ID/PAN Card/Passport/Driving license etc) with photographs.
- Domicile/ Residential Address Proof.
- Certificate of age proof (Matric/ Senior Secondary mark sheet & certificate for verification of date of birth).
- Service certificate by candidates employed in Central Govt/ Union Territory/ State/Semi Govt/ Private Sector authenticated by Head of Office.
- Self employed candidates are required to submit an Affidavit on Non-Judicial stamp paper of minimum value duly attested stating nature of employment and annual income along with photocopy of PAN card and self certified character certificate.
- Photocopy of PAN Card.
- Photocopy of Aadhar Card.
- In addition to above, ex-service officers are required to submit the following additional documents:
- Release Medical Board.
- Release Order/ Certificate.
Check more detailed article on list of documents in TA army Document Verification
Group Head Quarters List:
- TA GP HQ, Southern Command – Pune, Maharashtra
- TA GP HQ, Eastern Command – Kolkata, West Bengal
- TA GP HQ, Western Command – Chandigarh, (union territory)
- TA GP HQ, Central Command – Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- TA GP HQ, Northern Command -Udhampur, Jammu & kashmir
TA army Exam Centers
The Examination will be held at the following Centers,
CHANDIGARH, LUCKNOW, PATNA, KOLKATA, SHILLONG, JAIPUR, PUNE, BANGALURU, HYDERABAD, UDHAMPUR and SRINAGAR.
Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) for Territorial Army Commission is a free service. Do not pay bribe to anyone. Beware of touts.
Thanks for reading TA Army Selection Procedure 2018 – How to Join Territorial Army. Please comment below if any question in selection process.
More on Army: