Every year thousands of Male and Female candidates get recruitment for Sub Inspector(SI) and Assistant Sub Inspector(ASI) Posts under Delhi Police, CAPF and CISF Wings, but to fill the application form for this recruitment, you need to fulfill SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria 2017-18. CPO Criteria includes age limit, education qualification, physical standard test, PET, Medical Exam etc. Lets check all the parameters and their minimum criteria limit post wise.
- 1 SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria 2018
- 2 SSC CPO Education Qualification (शैक्षणिक योग्यता)
- 3 Age Limit 2017-18 (आयु सीमा)
- 4 Physical Standard Test (शारीरिक मापन योग्यता)
- 5 Physical Endurance Test (PET) 2017
SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria 2018
This year Staff Selection Commission released SSC CPO Recruitment for 2221 vacancies for the post of Sub Inspector in Delhi Police, Sub Inspector in CAPF (Central Armed Police Forces), and Assistant Sub Inspector in CISF (Central Industrial Security Force).
You can find below points in this article for SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria for male and Female both,
- Age Limit
- Education Qualification
- Age Relaxation
- Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Physical Endurance Test (PET)
- Medical Test
Which posts comes under SSC CPO ?
- SI in Delhi Police
- ASI in CISF
- SI in CAPF
SSC CPO Education Qualification (शैक्षणिक योग्यता)
Lets start the SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria discussion by education qualification and percentage criteria.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized Institution.
- For Delhi Police SI Post -> Male candidates opting for Delhi Police must have valid Driving License for LMV(Motor cycle and Car) during physical endurance test (PET).
Percentage Criteria – As of now, there is no minimum percentage criteria in SSC CPO Qualification.
Age Limit 2017-18 (आयु सीमा)
Calculation of age is as on 01.01.2017. It is likely to be 01/01/2018 for SSC CPO 2018.
Upper Age Limit: 25 Years
Lower Age Limit: 20 Years
Age limit of SSC CPO is relax-able for reserved categories as per below table.
SSC CPO Age Relaxation Category Wise (आयु सीमा में रियायत)
Age relaxation chart (ASI & SI) –
|Category||Age relaxation (in upper age limit)|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||5 years|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||5 years|
|OBC (Other Backward Caste)||3 years|
|Ex – Servicemen (General)||03 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|Ex – Servicemen (OBC)||06 years( 3 years + 3 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|Ex – Servicemen (SC/ST)||08 years (3 years+5 years) after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date|
|For Group „B‟ posts (i)Central Government Civilian Employees(General/OBC/SC/ST ) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on Closing date||05/08/10 years|
|For Group „C‟ posts (i) Central Govt. Civilian Employees
( General) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on Closing date Gen/OBC/SC/ST
|Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir ( General/OBC/SC-ST )||5/8/10 years|
|Widows / Divorced Women / Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (General)||Up to 35 years of age|
|Departmental Male Candidates for Delhi Police only (Gen)||Upto 30 years|
Now you are meeting age limit and education qualification then lets move to next section of eligibility criterias which include Physical Test, Medical Test and PET.
Physical Standard Test (शारीरिक मापन योग्यता)
It includes Height, weight and Chest for Male and Female Candidates.
|Category||Height (cms)||Chest (Min/After Expansion in cms)|
|Male(general)||170 cms||80/85 cms|
|Male (Hill area)||165 cms||80/85 cms|
|Male (ST)||162.5 cms||77/82 cms|
|Female (general)||157 cms||NA|
|Female( Hill Area)||155 cms||NA|
here NA means that there is no Chest criteria for Female Candidates.
Weight: Corresponding to height for all posts is applicale as per Height=Weight Chart. To check height-weight chart click on below link.
Which states are included in Hill areas for SSC CPO?
Garhwal, Kumaon, Himachal Pradesh, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas, Kashmir Valley, Leh & Ladakh regions of J&K, North-Eastern States and Sikkim
Chest and Height Relaxation
- You need to present valid certificates to get height relaxation.
Physical Endurance Test (PET) 2017
Below criteria shows PET parameters for Male and Female both.
For Male PET Criteria
- 100 meters race in 16 seconds
- 1.6 Kms race in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump : 3.65 metres in 3 chances
- High Jump : 1.2 metres in 3 chances
- Shot put (16 Lbs): 4.5 metres in 3 chance
For female candidates PET Criteria
- 100 metres race in 18 seconds
- 800 metres race in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 metres (9 feet) in 3 chances
- High Jump : 0.9 metres (3 feet) in 3 chances.
SSC CPO Medical Test
- The minimum distant vision should be 6/6 and 6/9 of two eyes without correction i.e. without wearing of glasses.
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose vein or squint in eyes and they should possess high color vision.
- They must be in good mental and bodily health and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of the duties.
Want to read SSC CPO Medical in Detail –> SSC CPO Medical Test
We hope that this article on SSC CPO Eligibility Criteria 2017-18 is clearing all your doubts. However you may comment below, our team will clear all your confusion.