SSC CGL Syllabus 2017 – This post is updated as per ssc cgl 2017 official notification pdf so if any query please ask in comment box.
SSC CGL Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2017, CGL TIER 1 Syllabus 2017, CGL Exam TIER 2 exam pattern 2017, CGLE TIER Syllabus and Exam Pattern, SSC CGL TIER 4 Exam pattern & Syllabus
- 1 SSC CGL Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2017
- 1.1 SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 (TIER wise)
- 1.2 SSC CGL Syllabus Tier Wise 2017
- 1.2.1 SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
- 1.2.2 SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
- 1.2.3 SSC CGL TIER 3 Syllabus (Descriptive Paper)
- 1.2.4 SSC CGL TIER 4 Syllabus
SSC CGL Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2017
SSC CGL Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2017: Lets read CGL syllabus and exam pattern for all tier TIER 1, TIER 2, TIER 3 & TIER 4 in full detail with sample question paper. If we are talking about SSC CGL exam then syllabus plays an important role. In fact, having detailed knowledge of syllabus has a wide significance and add great value to your preparation.
We have discussed the SSC CGL eligibility criteria for 2017 in depth and now writing every aspect of SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus and Exam Pattern from the examination point of view.
Recently ssc cgl notification is released by staff selection commission has clarified the changes in SSC CGL syllabus and also notified about updates syllabus which we will discuss here in this article.
SSC CGL 2017
Staff Selection Commission started conducting CGL exam online which is good news for all the aspirant. We may expect result early then previous pattern because of online process.
The Examination will be conducted in four tiers as indicated below:
- SSC CGL Tier -I (Computer Based Examination)
- SSC CGL Tier -II (Computer Based Examination)
- SSC CGL Tier -III – Pen and Paper Mode (Descriptive paper)
- SSC CGL Tier-IV (Computer Proficiency Test)
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2017 (TIER wise)
First of all lets know the recent changes in SSC CGL exam pattern and have an overview of the revised exam pattern. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the CGL (Combined Graduate Level) Prelims Exam every year to select the candidates for the main Examination. In revised syllabus, SSC CGL is now being conducted in online mode which makes the result declaration and marks checking less time consuming which may lead to early declaration of CGL result.
Total no of tier will be four in CGL, as given below:
- Tier -I: Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -II: Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
- Tier -III: Descriptive Test (Proposed in CGL 2016 onwards)
- Tier -IV: Personality Test Interview/Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)/Document Verification.
Note: Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview.
|TIER||Mode of Exam||Subjects/scheme||Marks||Time|
|I||Computer based Examination mode||General Intelligence Reasoning (25 questions)||50 Marks||60 Minutes (Total)
For VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 Minutes
|General Awareness (25 Questions)||50 Marks|
|Quantitative Aptitude (25 Questions)||50 Marks|
|English Comprehension (25 Questions)||50 Marks|
|II||Computer based Examination mode||Quantitative Abilities (100 Questions)||200 Marks||120 Minutes (Total)
For VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 160 Minutes
|English Language & Comprehension: (200 questions)||200 Marks|
|Statistics (100 Questions)||200 Marks|
|General Studies (Finance and Economics) (100 Questions)||200 Marks|
|III||Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi (writing of Essays/Precie/Letter/Appli cations etc.||100 Marks||60 minutes For VH and candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy: 80 Minutes|
|IV||Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test (wherever applicable)||Test will be conducted wherever applicable||NA||NA|
- Computer Proficiency Test/ Skill Test will be conducted wherever applicable
- The merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III
- There will be no sectional cut off in ssc cgl exam
- Document Verification will also be conducted as per the provisions of the notice of examination.
Negative Marking in SSC CGL Exam:
- There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Tier-I.
- In Tier-II, the negative marking system of 0.25 for each wrong answer in English Language & Comprehension.
- In Tier-II There will be negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer in Quantitative Abilities, Statistics and general studies paper.
SSC CGL Syllabus Tier Wise 2017
Lets check tier wise (TIER 1, TIER 2, TIER 3 and TIER 4) syllabus in detail
SSC CGL Tier 1 Syllabus
English Language & Comprehension syllabus
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Reading Comprehension||5 (1 passage)|
|Fill in the Blanks||0-5|
|Phrase or Idiom Meaning||0-2|
|Synonyms and Antonyms||0-2|
|One Word Substitution||3-5|
|Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction||5|
General Awareness syllabus
|Sub-Topic||Number of Question|
|Geography (Indian + World)||2-3|
|Computer and Mobile Technology||1-2|
|Physics + Space Science||1-2|
|Misc. GK- Sports, People In News, Books||0-1|
|Dates, Portfolios, Schemes||0-1|
Quantitative Aptitude syllabus
|Chapter (Number of Question)||Topics|
|Simplification(1-2)||BODMAS Rule, Fractions, Surds and Indices square & cube|
|Interest(1-2)||Simple, Compound Interests and Installments|
|Percentage(0-1)||Calculation oriented basic Percentage|
|Ratio and Proportion(1-2)||Simple, Compound Ratios and Direct/Indirect Proportion|
|Average(0-1)||Average Weight/Height/Marks etc.|
|Problems of train||Train questions|
|Problems on Ages(0-1)||Problems on Ages|
|Speed Time And Distance(1-2)||Average/Relative speeds, Boats, Trains|
|Profit and Loss(1-2)||Profit/Loss, Dishonest/Successive dealings, Partnership|
|Number Series(0-1)||Completing the series, Finding Missing/Wrong Term|
|Number System(1-2)||LCM and HCF, Irrational or Rational Numbers etc|
|Mensuration()||Square, Rectangle, Circles, Cone, Cylinder|
|Data Interpretation(0-3)||Bar/Line Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables|
|Time and Work(1-2)||Work efficiency, Wages and Pipes|
|Mixture problems(0-1)||To Make A Mixture From Two Or More Entities/Mixture|
|Algebra(2-3)||Linear Equations, Quadratic and Algebraic eqn|
|Geometry(3-4)||Triangles,Circle, tangent theorems, Co-ordinate geometry|
|Trigonometry(2-3)||Trigonometric ratios and Identities, Height and Distance|
General Intelligence & Reasoning syllabus
|Chapter (Number of Questions)||Details and type of questions|
|Classification(2-3)||Number, Letter and Meaningful Words|
|Analogy(2-3)||Number, Letter and Meaningful Words|
|Coding Decoding(2-3)||Coding by Analogy, Coding and decoding by letter shifting|
|Puzzle(2-3)||Number based, word based puzzles|
|Matrix(0-1)||1 or 2 Matrix of letters|
|Word formation(1-2)||given option words can be formed or not etc|
|words arrangement(1-2)||doing a certain task, or following a certain rule.|
|Venn diagram(0-2)||Problems based on Venn Diagram|
|Directions & Distances(0-1)||problems on Directions and distances|
|Blood Relations(0-1)||Family Tree or General Blood Relation Problems.|
|Missing Number(1-2)||Find the missing number type|
|Series(2-3)||questions on Number & Alphabet series.|
|Non Verbal Reasoning(3-4)||pattern, Assemble, Mirror image etc|
|Verbal Reasoning(0-2)||Statements, Conclusions, Assumptions etc|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus
In tier 2 Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of posts. but Statistics Paper is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) and general studies is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer (AAO)/Assistant Accounts Officer(AAO).
PAPER 1: Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Number Systems.
- Computation of Whole Numbers.
- Decimals & Fractions.
- The relation between Numbers.
- Fundamental Arithmetical Operations.
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Profit & Loss.
- Data Interpretation.
- Time and Distance.
- Ratio and Time etc.
PAPER 2: English Language & Comprehension Syllabus
- Error Recognition.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Sentence Structure.
- Sentence Completion.
- Idioms & Phrases.
- Comprehension Passage etc.
PAPER 3: Statistics Syllabus
- Probability Distributions.
- Central Tendency.
- Rank Correlation Coefficient.
- Sampling Distribution.
- Principles of Sampling.
- Concepts of Hypothesis.
- Testing of Hypothesis.
- Chi-square tests.
- Index Numbers.
- Time Series Analysis etc.
PAPER 4: Accounts, Finance, Economics & Governance Syllabus
- General Economics.
- Demand and Supply Analysis.
- Commodity Pricing.
- Theory of Factor Pricing.
- Keynesian Theory of Employment.
- Functions of Money.
- International Trade.
- Foreign Exchange.
- Deficit Financing.
- Fiscal Policy.
- Indian Economics & General Statistics.
- Statistical Investigation.
- Types of sampling.
- Presentation of data.
- National Income and Accounting.
- Agricultural sector.
- Industrial Policy and Industrial Development.
- Human Resources.
- New Economic Policy and Welfare Schemes.
- Indian Public Finance.
- Indian Banking and Currency system etc.
- Business Organisation.
- Indian Economics.
- Business Law.
- Business Statistics.
- Company Law.
- Cost accounting.
- Income Tax etc.
- Algebra of Matrices.
- Analytic Geometry.
- Differential Equation.
- Differential and Integral Calculus.
- Statistics etc.
SSC CGL TIER 3 Syllabus (Descriptive Paper)
Total Marks assigned to Descriptive paper in CGL TIER 3 is 100 marks and topics which will come in exams are Writing of an Essay / Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application Writing of approximately 150 words.
- Letter Writing
- Precis Writing
- Application Writing
- Essay Writing
SSC CGL TIER 4 Syllabus
Two test will be conducted in tier 4.
- Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) – CPT (Computer Proficiency Test) will be conducted for all those candidates who have applied for CSS (Central Secretariat Services).
- Data Entry Skill Test – Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) will be conducted for all those candidates who have applied for the post of Tax Assistant.
That’s all on ssc cgl syllabus and exam pattern tier wise.
Like us on Facebook for instant update.