CGL Descriptive paper Syllabus & Exam Pattern, SSC CGL Descriptive paper Syllabus and Exam Pattern, Descriptive paper SSC CGL Tier 3 Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2017-18, Latest CGL Tier 3 Syllabus, CGL Tier 3 Exam Pattern.
SSC CGL Descriptive Paper Syllabus and Exam Pattern Tier 3 2017
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 Syllabus and Exam Pattern: Hi Dear CGL Aspirants, Get here all the lastest CGL Tier 3 updates. We are constantly putting our best efforts for latest updates CGL 2017 recruitment exam. We have already discussed about SSC CGL 2017 Syllabus and Exam pattern for Tier 1 and Tier 2. We have also covered CGl TIER 4 syllabus and Exam pattern.
So, in this post we will be discussing about SSC CGL Descriptive paper Syllabus and Exam Pattern. The Staff Selection Commission had brought a few changes in the examination pattern in order to make it more effective for determining the deserving candidate.
|Tier 3 Exam – SSC CGL Descriptive paper Syllabus and Exam Pattern– Article update History|
|Article Update||What is the update ( Summary of official updates on this article)|
|Official Update -Latest||Mar 7, 2017 @ 23:00 – IMPORTANT NOTICE COMBINED GRADUATE LEVEL EXAMINATION, 2016 (TIER-III) The Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2016 (Tier-III) will be held on 19th March, 2017 in Pen and Paper mode (Descriptive Type Questions). The duration of the Examination will be one hour and it will be held from 1100 Hrs to 1200 Hrs|
|Update (old)||CGL tier 3 paper mode will Pen and Paper mode (Descriptive Type Questions).|
|Update (Old) –||Tier 1 exam call letter released|
Commission has introduced a descriptive paper as Tier 3 of the examination as the interview component has been wiped out with effect from this year. In this article, we will explain the pattern and syllabus related to this newly introduced descriptive paper of SSC CGL 2017 Exam.
SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 Exam Pattern:
|Writing of an Essay / Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application Writing of approximately 150 words||100|
Total Marks assigned to Descriptive paper in CGL TIER 3 is 100 marks and topics which will come in exams are Writing of an Essay / Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application Writing of approximately 150 words.
Latest updates Official CGL 2016– The Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2016 (Tier-III) which was earlier tentatively scheduled to be held on 5th March, 2017 will now be held on 19th March, 2017.
Latest updates Official CGL 2017– The Combined Graduate Level Examination, 2017, Date of Advt. is 11.03.2017 and closing date of application is 15.04.2017. Tentaive date of TIER 1 exam is 19.6.17 to 02.07.2017 (CBE)*.
Descriptive Paper Exam Pattern
|Mode of Paper||Pen and Paper|
|Duration of Paper||One hour|
|Qualifying Marks||33 percent|
|Language||Hindi or English|
|Difficulty level||10+2 Standard|
Note: For Visually handicapped and candidates suffering from cerebral Palsy duration of paper will be 80 minutes.
|Bank Jobs||Defense Jobs||Police Jobs||SSC Jobs|
You can read here -> SSC CGL Tier 2 Syllabus and Exam Pattern
SSC CGL TIER 3 Syllabus 2017
The SSC CGL Tier 3 exam would cover almost all the theoretical part and total marks for this paper is 100 which will be significant in overall marking. The SSC CGL Descriptive Paper would comprise of writing an Essay / Passage of 250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150 words.
- Letter Writing – If you think why Letter Writing is included in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 3 syllabus then you are going to get your answer here. In all the departments you join find a major issue that the employees don’t know how to write a professional letter. That’s the reason commission has included Letter Writing in SSC CGL Tier 3 exam.
Basically, there are two types of letters: Formal Letter and Informal Letter
- Essay Writing – Essay Writing is the one which we are doing from our school time and at this stage it seems easy to us. But the professional essay writing have the rules that you must follow before starting the first paragraph. Follow the below link for detailed professional Essay writing tips.
- Application Writing – So for application writing the most important points that one should keep in mind are, the selection of the Subject, opening paragraph, body and closing paragraph. To make the aspirants more clear we are providing the link below to follow for Application Writing tips:
Get here tips -> Application Writing tips for SSC CGL/CHSL Exam
- Precis Writing – Precis is a summary or abstract of a text or speech. It is about writing short paragraph in your own words. Some important points regarding the Precis Writing are:
- Miniature version of the original passage
- must have a title
- should be written in reported speech
- must not contain any details not found in the original passage etc.
For any query related to SSC CGL Descriptive Paper Syllabus and Exam Pattern please comment below.
Related Links for SSC CGL:
|SSC CGL Exam Important Links:|
|SSC CGL Eligibility Criteria 2017|
|CGL Job profile, Salary and vacancies post wise|
|SSC CGL Expert Recommended BOOKS For TIER 1|