Having a big doubt in RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2018? Reserve Bank of India has notified to recruit eligible candidates for posts of Assistant in various offices of the Bank. Selection for the post will be through a country-wide competitive examination.
It will comprise of prelims, mains & interview. Here we shall discuss about the latest RBI Assistant eligibility criteria. The main points to know are RBI Assistant age limit, RBI Assistant age relaxation and RBI Assistant educational qualification with Nationality.
Further we have explained the age relaxation and citizenship and more on RBI Assistant.
RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2018
The Reserve Bank of India is India’s central bank. It is the apex monetary institution which supervise, regulates controls and develops the monetary and financial system of the country. The Reserve bank was established on April 1, 1935 under the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. Initially, it was constituted as a private shareholders bank with a fully paid-up capital of Rs. 5 crore. But, it was nationalized on January 1, 1949.
It is recruiting RBI Assistant officer. Assistants are recruited to provide support in the various departments of RBI offices. As the name of the post suggest assistants help in proper and smooth functioning of the bank. They are mostly associated with clerical type work.
If you are looking for the details of RBI Assistant Eligibility Criteria 2018, then you have reached the correct page. We have explained a complete breif of RBI Assistant eligibility criteria in our RBI Assistant eligibility section such as RBI Assistant age limit and RBI Assistant educational qualification and a lot more. So you can agree that this page will prove beneficial to you.
RBI Assistant age limit
The most important & fundamental point to apply for this exam is RBI Assistant Age Limit. Applicant must have attained the age of 20 years but should not be more than 28 years old. So your date of birth should be in between November 1986 and November 1995.
RBI Assistant age relaxation
The age relaxation is given for some few category. And this is given for some category to develop .
However there is a range of relaxation applicable to a few categories as below.
|Category for Age relaxation||Relaxation in Years|
|Scheduled Class/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||By 5 years, i.e, upto 33 years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||By 5 years, i.e, upto 31 years|
|Persons with Disabilities (PWD)||By 10 years (GEN), 13 years (OBC) & 15 years (SC/ST)|
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed Forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years|
|Widows/divorced women/women judicially separated who are not re-married||By 10 years|
|Candidates domiciled in the state of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31stDecember 1989||By 5 years|
|Candidates having work experience in Reserve Bank of India||To the extent of no. Of years of such service, subject to a maximum of 3 years|
RBI Assistant educational qualification
- The candidates should have At least a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in the aggregate and the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- A candidate belonging to Ex-servicemen category (except dependents of ex-servicemen) should either be a graduate from a recognized University or should have passed the matriculation or its equivalent examination of the Armed Forces and rendered at least 15 years of defence service.
- Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language (i.e. know to read, write, speak and understand the language) of the state/ any of the states falling under the recruiting office
- Further the candidate should have the knowledge of word processing on PC.
- Candidates applying for post in a particular recruiting office should be proficient in the language of the state(s) falling under the recruiting office. They should be able to read, write and speak in that language.
- The percentage should be indicated two places after decimal. In case of CGPA the candidate must have the corresponding percentage too. Moreover no work experience is required for RBI Assistant Eligibility.
The Candidates should be India citizen to eligible in this exam other citizens are not allowed write the examination as per the rule of Reserve Bank of India .
By now you must have understood the various aspects of the latest RBI Assistant eligibility criteria 2018 such as age limit, relaxation, citizenship or nationality or identity, RBI Assistant educational qualification and experience etc. If you still have any doubt on this just comment on us .