NDA Salary 2018 (Pay & Allowances) – When you see a soldier in his full spirit, i guarantee, you definitely gets a goosebumps. The kind of high spirits soldier caries, is unmatched to any profession. Hence, we have piled up information on Salary, Pay, Allowances and Grade pay etc for National Defense Academy (officers scale).
Lets look at the information in detail one by one.
NDA Salary 2018
All the officers selected through NDA exam will be entitled to officer level perks and allowances. Here we are going to elaborate everything in detailed manner so you should not have any confusion left.
Pay benefits of candidates will start in training itself, but these benefits will be in term of stipend. You will get Stipend of 21000 per month during training period in Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Officer Training Academy (OTA).
Check below table having rank wise payout!
|Lieutenant to Major||15,600—39,100/-|
|Lieutenant Colonel to Major General||37,400—67,000/-|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||67,000/–79,000/-|
|HAG+ Scale||75,500/- 80,000/-|
Now coming to other aspects of salary details.
Military Service pay:
In addition, you will be granted military service pay of 6000 per month during your tenure as on duty officer.
For certain skills, you will get lumpsum Qualification Grant of Rs. 6,000/-, 9,000/-, 15,000/- or 20,000/- based on the Qualification.
Few of them are as below,
- Master Aviation Instructor – 500 Per Month
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class I – 400 Per Month
- Senior Aviation Instructor Class II – 500 Per Month
Those who are serving as army aviators (Pilots) will be entitled to flying allowances in addition to above.
Allowances under NDA
Now lets jump to have a look at allowances under NDA exam for officer level.
They are as below,
- Dearness Allowances
- Kit Maintenance
- Depending upon rank and area of posting, Officer posted to Field Areas will be eligible for compensatory Highly Active Field Area Allowance at the rate of Rs. 6,780/- to Rs. 8,400/- p.m., Compensatory Field Area Allowance at the rate of Rs. 4,200/- to Rs. 5,200/- p.m. and Compensatory Modified Field Area Allowance at the rate of Rs. 1,600/- to Rs. 2,000
- High Altitude Allowances – Rs. 1,060/- to p.m. to Rs. 11,200 p.m.
- Uniform Allowances
- Transport Allowances
In a nut shell, total compensation and in hand salary of NDA exam will be after adding below components,
Total Salary = Rank Pay + Grade pay + MSP + Qualification Pay + Allowances
Whereas, allowances include all the allowances mentioned above.
Any question or confusion on NDA Salary or allowances, you may comment below.