Indian Navy Physical Standard and Medical Criteria 2017 (For Officers Entry & Sailor Entry) – What gives you goosebumps when you hear something? Is it a horror movie scene or some deadliest attack in Civilian? If not then it is definitely the story and routine of soldiers guarding siachen.
Indian navy is guarding nation in many ways by overcoming various challenges. To join such a challenging job you need to fit from top to bottom medically and physically. That is for Indian Army but here we will talk about Indian Navy Officer Entry Physical/Medical Standards and Indian Navy Sailor Entry Physical/Medical Standards Criteria one by one.
- Indian Navy Physical Standard and Medical Criteria 2017
- Indian Navy Officer Entry Medical Standards
- Special Medical Board (SMB)
- Appeal Medical Board (AMB)
- Review Medical Board (RMB)
- Physical Standards for Officer Entry
- Height-Weight Chart for Male
- Height-Weight Chart for Female
- Medical and Physical Standards for Sailor Entry
- VISUAL STANDARDS FOR SAILOR ENTRY
- Height-Weight Chart for Male (Sailor Entry)
- Tattoo Criteria in Indian Navy:
Now as per Indian Navy Selection Process, there is two ways you can join Indian Navy. One as Sailor Entry and other as Officer Entry. So in this article we are going to discuses physical criteria for both the schemes.
Now lets discuss below points one by one on Indian Navy Physical Standard,
- Officers Entry Medical Standards
- Sailor Entry Medical Standards
Official Website: Direct link
Indian Navy Physical Standard – The candidates recommended by Service Selection Board for officer entry undergo medical examination at nearest Service Hospitals. The Medical Test procedure for candidates is as follows:
Special Medical Board (SMB)
SMB also known as Special Medical Board officer candidates will be held at designated hospitals over a duration of 3 to 4 working days. Here you will get status of Fit / Temporary Unfit or Permanent Unfit.
Appeal Medical Board (AMB)
Candidates who are declared Unfit by SMB are eligible for AMB after depositing a sum of Rs 40/- in the Government Treasury. Unfit candidates get a maximum of 42 days from the date of SMB to report for AMB at designated Command Hospital. Candidates declared unfit by AMB are eligible to appeal for Review Medical Board.
Review Medical Board (RMB)
The President of Appeal Medical Board will intimate the candidate, the reason of his/ her unfitness through a leaflet and guide him/ her for RMB. However, he/she will explain to the candidate that holding of the Review Medical Board is at the discretion of DGAFMS based on the merits of the case and it is not his/ her right. RMBs are conducted at Army Hospital (Research & Referral), New Delhi and Armed Force Medical College Pune.
Physical Standards for Officer Entry
Check below Height-Weight and Chest chart for Male and Female candidates. The candidate must be in good physical and mental health and free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions in any part of the world.
During Medical inspection of candidates the following principal points are to be ensured:
- The hearing is good and that there is no sign of any disease of ear, nose or throat.
- Vision in either eye is up to the required standard. His/her eyes are bright, clear and with no obvious squint or abnormality. Movements of eye balls should be full and free in all directions.S
- Speech is without impediment.
- There is no glandular swelling.
- Chest is well formed and that his/her heart and lungs are sound.
- Limbs of the candidates are well formed and fully developed.
- There is free and perfect action of all the joints.
- There is no evidence of hernia of any degree or form.
- Feet and toes are well formed.
- Absence of any congenital malformation or defects.
- He/she does not bear traces of previous acute or chronic disease pointing to an impaired constitution.
- Presence of sufficient number of sound teeth for efficient mastication.
- Absence of any disease of the Genito- Urinary tract.
Height-Weight Chart for Male
Below chart is showing Height and Weight Standard Chart for male (weight in Kilograms) and age is in years.
The preferable height for male candidates (18 years age) is 157 cms.
Height-Weight Chart for Female
The preferable height for female candidates (18 years age) is 152 cms.
Medical and Physical Standards for Sailor Entry
Indian Navy Sailor Entry Physical and medical criteria is different from officer entry hence lets check out all the information.
Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors. Physical traits include minimum height of 157 cm with proportionate body weight, depending on the age and height of the candidate.
He should also have proportionate chest with minimum expansion capability of 05 cms.
Candidate should possess good mental and physical health, should be free from any disease/ disability and have no cardio-vascular disease, surgical deformities like Knock-Knees, Flat-Foot.
Candidate should not have a past history of fits or psychiatric ailments, Varicose-veins etc.
He should not have any type of infection in the ears.
Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth before appearing for the written test, which is followed by PFT(Physical FitTtest) and Medical examination. Candidate should possess Colour perception standard of CP II and Eyes Visual standards should meet the under mentioned prescribed standards for both the conditions that is with glasses and without glasses.
Check here more official information – official link
VISUAL STANDARDS FOR SAILOR ENTRY
Check below chart entry wise for Eye sight parameters.
|Type of Entry||Eye Without glasses||Eye With glasses|
|MR Chef & Stewards||6/36||6/36||6/9||6/12|
Height-Weight Chart for Male (Sailor Entry)
you can check above given charts for Sailor Entry Height Weight ratio table.
Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand.
Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
If you have any questions on Indian Navy Physical Standard and Medical Criteria 2017 for Officers Entry & Sailor Entry. Please comment below.