We always wonder and looks for an answer about IBPS RRB Selection Process 2017. This exam procedure is little complex than other Bank Jobs Exam. There is various reasons behind it. Main reason is, RRB which stands for Regional Rural Bank gives posting in rural areas of India. Where speaking in local language with customers is main fight of employees.
Now you must be thinking how that is related to Regional Rural Bank Selection Procedure. Let me tell you. The more buzz an exam creates, the more it people gets awareness about that exam. For an example, SBI PO Exam, it is very famous exam in banking sector of India. Everybody knows about SBI PO Selection Process. Especially the candidates who wants to Join Banking career.
Ask Me – why?
Reason is the same. The more popular exam gets the more awareness it creates. Hence IBPS RRB exam is coming into that race with more Local Language audience is filling IBPS RRB Application Form.
- 1 IBPS RRB Selection Process 2017
- 2 Calculation of Total Weighted Score & Cut Offs Marks
IBPS RRB Selection Process 2017
Now coming to the main point regarding Selection Procedure for Office Assistant & Officer Scale in IBPS RRB Exam. Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an organization who conducts most of IBPS Exam to recruit banking personal on various post. Around 50-79 banks all over India is affiliated with IBPS and recruits through IBPS.
To get the good results in exam, you should know the selection process in details.
IBPS RRB Selection Process : Step by Step for Office Assistant & Officer Scale
There is manly three rounds in RRB Exam Procedure. Prelims exam (written), mains Exam (written) and finally Interview stage.
Check out below steps,
- You need to download IBPS RRB Notification pdf from official website or techmario.com and read all the important details.
- If you are fulfilling the IBPS RRB Eligibility Criteria then you need to fill the IBPS RRB Application Form online and pay fee.
- Download the IBPS RRB Admit Card online.
- Prepare for IBPS RRB Exam Syllabus and IBPS RRB Exam Pattern for Prelims and Mains exam.
- You need to pass the prelims exam and only qualifying candidates will go next round (mains exam)
- Candidates need to qualify the Prelims and Mains exam with minimum qualifying cut off marks.
- Now final round will be Group Discussing and Personal Interview by Bank Officials.
- Finally Banks will declare their results and merit list.
IBPS RRB Selection Process for Score Calculation
Obviously, Every exam has its own pattern to decide the passing marks. But that marks is being calculates differ a lot from exam to exam.
Lets understand IBPS RRB marking system and Arriving at Scores methods.
- The number of correct answers given by you in each objective test are counted for total score and Penalties for wrong answer will be deducted from total score.
- Scores obtained by you in any test, are equated to the base form by considering the distribution of the scores of all the sessions.
Total weighted score while calculating the overall cut off is calculated through below methods, read more to understand what exactly it is.
Calculation of Total Weighted Score & Cut Offs Marks
Below methods shows calculations of total weighted score and cut off mark post wise.
Prelims 2017 Cut Offs applied in these 2 stages = (i) scores in individual tests (ii) on Total Score.
Prelims Score = Scores obtained in Reasoning + Numerical Ability.
Mains Total Weighted Score = Scores obtained in (Reasoning × 1.25 + Computer Knowledge × 0.50 + General Awareness × 1.00 + English Language/ Hindi Language × 1.00 + English Language/Hindi Language × 1.00 + Numerical Ability × 1.25)
Total Weighted Score = Scores obtained in (Reasoning × 1.25 + Computer Knowledge × 0.50 + General Awareness × 1.00 + English Language/ Hindi Language × 1.00 + English Language/Hindi Language × 1.00 + Quantitative Aptitude × 1.25)
Officer Scale-II (GBO) and Officer Scale-III
Total Weighted Score = Scores obtained in (Reasoning × 1.25 + Computer Knowledge × 0.50 + Financial Awareness × 1.00 + English Language/ Hindi Language × 1.00 + English Language/Hindi Language × 1.00 + Quantitative Aptitude × 1.25)
Officer Scale-II in Specialist Cadre
Total Weighted Score = Scores obtained in (Professional Knowledge × 1.00 + Reasoning × 1.00 + Computer Knowledge × 0.50 + English Language/ Hindi Language × 0.50 + Financial Awareness × 1.00 + Quantitative Aptitude & Data Interpretation × 1.00)
That is main calculation for total weighted score and cut off mark in IBPS RRB Post wise.
Comment if any questions regarding IBPS RRB Selection Process and Marks calculation method.
More Bank exam Selection process