IBPS Clerk vs SBI Clerk 2018 – Hi ibps aspirants, welcome to techmario.com, here we are comparing IBPS Clerk and SBI Clerk. The comparison (sbi clerk versus ibps clerk) is based on various parameters which includes Job profile, Roles and Responsibilities, Salary structure, Grade Pay, Salary Hike, Increment, status, Work load and Promotions. so lets get started the comparison and have a better idea before applying.
- 1 IBPS Clerk vs SBI Clerk Comparison
- 1.1 IBPS clerk vs SBI Clerk: Participating Banks
- 1.2 Educational Qualifications (SBI vs IBPS Clerk)
- 1.3 IBPS clerk vs SBI Clerk – Roles and Responsibilities
- 1.4 Salary Structure (SBI versus IBPS Clerk)
- 1.5 IBPS and SBI Clerk Career Growth
IBPS Clerk vs SBI Clerk Comparison
SBI versus IBPS Clerk 2017– Get here comparison of sbi clerk with sbi clerk on various aspect. We are confused on similar exams and unable to choose, for which one i should apply for which one not. Here we are giving end to end comparison of IBPS Clerk vs SBI Clerk exam and also concluding which one is better and why.
I feel both the jobs are better on their own place but still has some pros and cons. So, guys here we will compare the two clerical level exams: IBPS Clerk and SBI Clerk.
IBPS Clerk Exam: Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) was the first ever established wing for the combined examination for the public sector banks recruitment. Ibps conducts clerk exam to fill vacancies to various banks. All the public sector banks depends on the IBPS examination the fill the vacancies whether it is related to PO recruitment, Clerk recruitment or any other.
|Know everything on SBI Clerk and IBPS Clerk (Application form, Notification, Salary comparison, Eligibility Criteria, Exam pattern, Admit Card and preparation tips in Different Articles)|
|IBPS Clerk Exam||SBI Clerk Exam|
SBI Clerk Exam: Sbi conducts its own examination to recruit clerk, SBI PO and other vacancies. Before IBPS there was own recruitment process for each bank. But the day after IBPS came into picture, recruitment process has changed. IBPS is the wing which undertakes the responsibility of the recruitment process to fill vacancies of the participating public sector banks.
In this article we are going to discuss the comparison b/w clerical level examinations, IBPS Clerk and SBI Clerk.
IBPS clerk vs SBI Clerk: Participating Banks
The candidates clearing SBI Clerk examination join State Bank of India(SBI). SBI clerk is only limited to SBI whereas in IBPS clerk is not limited to one bank. Those clearing IBPS clerk examination are allocated one of the following 15 public sector banks.
|Allahabad Bank||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Indian Overseas Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Vijaya Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|Bank of Baroda||Union Bank of India||Central Bank of India|
|Bank of India||Dena Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank||Canara Bank|
|UCO Bank||United Bank of India||Punjab National Bank|
Educational Qualifications (SBI vs IBPS Clerk)
Whether it is IBPS Clerk or SBI Clerk, the minimum required educational qualification is same for both. Educational qualification required for the Assistant’s position in both the clerical examination is a degree (graduation) from a recognized university.
|IBPS Clerk Education Qualification (Eligibility Criteria)||SBI Clerk Education Qualification (Eligibility Criteria)|
IBPS clerk vs SBI Clerk – Roles and Responsibilities
Generally, roles and responsibilities of clerks across all the banks are similar. This is point from where educated youth starts their career in the banks after getting appointed through the clerical examination. Usually, newly recruited bank clerk is given a few weeks training and after that they are placed either in a branch or an administrative office.
At the branch, clerical staff is supposed to work as Front Office person and has direct interaction with the public. However, the job profile will be related to working on computers and entering day to day transactions since most of the banks are fully computerized these days.
SBI clerks gets more exposure as compared to their IBPS counterparts since the former has a big network.
Let us list the major task and duties of a clerk whether it is IBPS or SBI:
- Verification of Documents
- Operate Single Window Counter
- Signature Verification
- Issuing Cash Receipts at Counters
- Clearing and Transferring Cheques and Receipts as per request
- Updating Pass Books
Salary Structure (SBI versus IBPS Clerk)
Salary, Pay scale/grade , salary hike and perks plays an important role in any industry. Pay Scale of IBPS Clerk and SBI Clerk is almost same. Following is the pay scale for Clerical Cadre.
Rs. 11765 – (655×3) – 13730 – (815×3) – 16175 – (980×4) – 20095 – (1145×7) – 28110 – (2120×1) – 30230 – (1310×1) – 31540
Let us look at this pay scale further
- Basic Pay – Rs. 11,765
- A fixed increment of Rs. 665 annually for consecutive for 3 years that cumulates the basic to 13730 and scales up the designation as well.
|IBPS Clerk Salary Promotion & allowances in detail||SBI Clerk Salary Promotion and allowances in detail|
Perks and Allowances
The Perks and Allowances are as follows:
- Dearness Allowance (39.4% of Basic): It is based on the Consumer price Index (CPI) declared by the Government of India. Dearness Allowance(DA) is revised on quarterly basis. As per the current norm, DA has been fixed at 39.40% of the Basic Pay. If the inflation is high, DA would go up and vice-versa.
- HRA depending upon the City (7-9% of the Basic): It can be either 10% or 9% or 7.5% depending on the place of posting of the employee.
- Special Allowance (7.5% for Clerks): This has been added in 10th BPS (wef 01/11/2012) for clerks it 7.75% on which DA is also payable.
The Pay Band for both the IBPS Clerk and SBI Clerk is same and usually rounds up to Rs. 18,100 – 19,800 per month.
But there is one more extra allowance that SBI offers to its employee which amounts to Rs 2000/- and increases the salary to approx Rs. 20,100 – 21,800.
IBPS and SBI Clerk Career Growth
Both the exam has its own growth weight-age. As we know, Clerk is the starting point for any candidate in a bank sector. Let us discuss about the career growth in this field.
- An employee reaches to Senior Assistant post after completing 10 years of service in clerical cadre. This post carries a special allowance of Rs.1800/-.
- An employee is promoted to Special Assistant post after completing 20 years of service in clerical cadre. This post carries a special allowance of Rs.2500/-.
- An employee will be promoted to Senior Special Assistant post after completing 20 years of service in clerical cadre . This post carries a special allowance of Rs.3500/- which too will be ranked for DA & HRA.
- To Trainee officer
An employee acquires trainee officer post after completing three years of service. Completing service for these many years he/she has to undergo the written examination and an interview session. After clearing this exam, clerk is put on probation for a period of 2 years. After successfully completing the probation period, the trainee officer will be either recruited into MMGS-II cadre or sent back to clerical cadre on the basis of performance.
- Directly to JMGS-I
After six years of service under fast track promotion channel or after twelve years of service under normal promotion channel, a clerk can become a JMGS-Scale1 officer, after clearing a written test and interview. This subjects to the upper age limit.
So which one is better:
We have covered and discuss about IBPS Clerk vs SBI Clerk promotion, participating banks, Salary structure, Grade Pay, Career Growth, Role and Responsibilities. But question remain unanswered which one is better. See, both the exams are of same post and everhting is almost same, so it is again an individual call to decide which is better. For an example, somebody gives priority to sbi bank than other banks in above list, so in that particular sense it makes a difference o.w both are good exam paying good salry with quality work and status.
We will update IBPS Clerk vs SBI Clerk article in future, if there are any updates in any of the section. Stay connected with us for all latest and relevant updates about IBPS and SBI Clerk exam.